Sunday 10 June 2012

Forever incomplete: Crappy RPG

In December 2011, I started this project with a friend. The game never had a name, but I kept referring to it as "crappy RPG." This is because the whole point of making this game was to make something, even if it was crap.

"Crappy RPG" was the first time I tried to use 3D in a game. In the beginning, this was more like a 3D engine rather than a game. Fun fact, the engine re-written numerous times, at least four from memory. In the end, it was actually reasonably good.

Whilst making the engine, my partner was designing more game related content, which was mainly the story. However, the game never got past the engine stage before it was scrapped. The reason being was due to a dispute between me and my partner, which was unrelated to "crappy RPG."

It is ironic that I have this game has been labeled as "forever incomplete," even after the dispute I intended to complete the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment